MOOVN, a Washington State, USA registered transportation technology company, provides a digital platform that enables users to book rides or schedule deliveries on-demand or in advance. We are revolutionizing global mobility and transforming lives particularly in emerging markets. Our technologies help facilitate the movement of people and the delivery of goods and services from the marketplace to the consumer.
MOOVN’s small core of highly-skilled staff is headquartered in Seattle, but works closely with our global teams to change the lives of millions of people around the world through the use of our technologies.
MOOVN is looking for a General Manager to oversee all staff, budgets and operations of the local business unit in Kenya and neighboring Tanzania. Responsibilities include formulating overall strategy, managing people and establishing policies. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping our people develop and be productive, while ensuring our profits are on the rise. Ultimately, you’ll help our company grow and thrive.
We’re looking for someone who has an interest in technology and a passion for getting things done. You’re smart enough to work at top companies, but you’re picky about finding the right role (this is more than just a job, right?). You’re experienced, but you also like to learn new things. And you want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Design strategy and set goals for growth
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses
- Set policies and processes
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance
- Direct the employee assessment process
- Prepare regular reports for upper management
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors)
- Enhance efficiencies & organization’s image
- Meet overall growth objectives
Consideration will be given to persons with:
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar leadership role
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Goal oriented and letting results speak for themselves
- BSc/BA in Business or relevant field, or an intriguing reason for not having one
- Time awareness including the ability to work across opposite or different timezones
- A track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- Willingness to learn new technologies
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience in planning, strategy and budgeting
- Knowledge of business processes and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical and data processing abilities
- Exceptional budgeting and financial management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and people leadership skills
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For consideration, please send your CV/Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org